This pattern is an excellent way of learning how to knit while creating a very easy and beautiful gifts for your family and friends.
- Straight knitting needles 8mm
- 1 Skein of Rico Design Essential Super Chunky
- Cast on 10 stitches
- Knit 1 row
- Knit until 3 stitches remain on left needles, bring the yarn on the front of your needles, slip remaining stitches purlwise
- Repeat row 2 until band has to stretch just a little to fit around the head
- Bind off all stitches.
- Use a mattress stitch to sew the two ends of the headband together.
The pattern design belongs to Churchmouse yarn and has been adapted to work with chunky wool. If you wish to make a thinner headband, you can find the original pattern by following this link.